News coverage of Dutch expertise in water management
Given that one-quarter of the land in the Netherlands is below sea level, the Dutch are experts at living with water. Below, you can find some media coverage about our expertise.
American Planning Association
- The Mighty Delta Works: A Feat of Engineering and Politics
- Learning from the Dutch at Water’s Edge
- Housing Options for a Flood-Prone, Space-Constrained City
- Water lessons: In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, Dutch experts assert that New York needs hybrid solutions for our changing natural surroundings.
The Atlantic Cities
- Even the world's top experts aren't sure what New York should do to prevent another Sandy
- We're In This Together: What the Dutch Know About Flooding That We Don't
The Bismarck Tribune
The Christian Science Monitor
Dutch Water Sector
- Dutch-based flood protection plan for New York to revive in aftermath of superstorm Sandy
- Flood experts discuss need for storm surge barriers for coastal cities in aftermath of superstorm Sandy
- Aftermath superstorm Sandy: How to reduce flood risk on US and Dutch barrier islands?
The Epoch Times
The Houston Chronicle
KCET, Los Angeles
- How Post-Katrina New Orleans Inspired Civic Engagement
- Making Room for the Los Angeles River: Learning from the Dutch
Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance
Minneapolis Parks Foundation
- Design Q+A: “Sweet & Salt” lecture with author and speaker Tracy Metz
- Holland meets Hoboken: Rebuild by Design teams plot flood protection for New Jersey
The New Yorker
New York Daily News
New York Observer
New York Times
- Should New York build sea gates?
- Deciding where future disasters will strike
- After getting back to normal, big job is facing new reality
- Weighing sea barriers as protection for New York
- Lessons for U.S. from a flood-prone land
- Going with the Flow
The Kojo Nnamdi Show, WAMU 88.5 FM, Washington, D.C.
- Risk, Rising Seas And Regional Coastlines. Listen to the archived broadcast from Dec. 6, 2012. The conversation steers toward the expertise the Dutch have in living with water at about 41 minutes into the show.
PRI's The World
- Dutch Delta Program Commissioner Wins 2013 INFORMS Edelman Award, World Series of Analytics, Operations Research
Regional Plan Association
St. Louis Beacon
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- New Amsterdam may have to look back to the Netherlands to control future flooding
- How to save New York
- Manhattan goes Dutch: Guarding Gotham with levees
- Sandy: What a coastal U.S. can learn from other threatened cities